The 'content-type' attribute is not optional on c:data

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:11:34 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

I am a bit confused by the text about the content-type attribute in
section 5.14 (p:data). The text contains the following sentences:

"If no wrapper element is specified, the default is c:data"
"The wrapper element should have a content-type attribute"
"If a content-type attribute is specified on a c:data wrapper, ..."

But, since @content-type is not optional in c:data, I don't think these
sentences work together very well.

If I remember it correctly, c:data was originally only used in p:xquery,
where it was required to always specify a content type (the p:xquery
section still says: "If the document root element is c:data or has a
c:content-type attribute that specifies...").

I think we should either make @content-type optional in c:data (which
could make problems in p:xquery) or reword the text about p:data in such
a way that is mandates that @content-type must be specified if c:data is
used. I am not sure which option is better/worse, though.

Regards,
Vojtech