W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org > August 2008

XProc Minutes 14 Aug 2008

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:53:01 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <m2myjftwyq.fsf@nwalsh.com>
See http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/14-minutes


                                   - DRAFT -

                            XML Processing Model WG

Meeting 122, 14 Aug 2008


   See also: IRC log[3]


           Norm, Paul, Henry, Vojtech, Andrew, Richard

           Murray, Alex, Mohamed, Michael




     * Topics
         1. Accept this agenda?
         2. Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. Next meeting: telcon 21 Aug 2008?
         4. Charter extension
         5. Comments on the last call draft
         6. Test suite planning
         7. Any other business?
     * Summary of Action Items


  Accept this agenda?

   -> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/14-agenda


  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/07-minutes


  Next meeting: telcon 21 Aug 2008?

   Norm: We may cancel it, but we'll leave it on the books. No regrets heard.

  Charter extension

   Norm: Is that something I do, or Henry, do you do it?

   <scribe> ACTION: Henry to investigate the charter extension process
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-xproc-minutes.html#action01[6]]

  Comments on the last call draft

   -> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/WD-xproc-20080814/

   No comments heard.

   <scribe> ACTION: Henry to update the XSD and DTD files then give Julian
   the green light to publish [recorded in

  Test suite planning

   Norm looks for help and advice in constructing an adequate test suite on
   the assumption we'll make it through Last Call and get to CR easily.

   Norm: There are already about 80 or so at tests.xproc.org

   Henry: What's the metadata you need?

   Norm: There's documentation for the test format at tests.xproc.org, but
   I'm happy to adjust it as necessary.
   ... We will stall if we don't get a test suite...

   Henry: My metadata question was about coverage. We need to give some
   thought to the metadata to describe *what features* are tested.
   ... We need to be able to characterize the tests to make the
   interoperability claim have some teeth.

   Norm: I was going to analyze the test suite for missing steps and missing
   options on steps.

   Henry: That's a good start, but there are also questions about the
   topology of the pipeline and the inheritence of variables and defaulting
   of pipes, etc.
   ... Those aren't as easy to enumerate.

   Norm: I was also hoping to have tests for every static and dynamic error
   as well, that covers many of those things.

   Richard: The XML test suite doesn't attempt to identify the "correct"
   error and this has sometimes caused problems.

   Henry: Having explicit error codes helps a little bit.

   Norm: Metadata is a good idea, maybe we should have some email discussiona
   bout how to devise metadata that covers the spec.

  Any other business?

   Vojtech: Regarding error codes, right now we have gaps in the numbering.
   Is that ok?

   Norm: I think it is. We talkeda bout it once before and decided that the
   cost was larger than the benefit.

   Vojtech/Henry: I'm ok with that.


Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Henry to investigate the charter extension process [recorded
   in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-xproc-minutes.html#action01[9]]
   [NEW] ACTION: Henry to update the XSD and DTD files then give Julian the
   green light to publish [recorded in
   [End of minutes]


   [1] http://www.w3.org/
   [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/14-agenda
   [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-xproc-irc
   [6] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-xproc-minutes.html#action01
   [8] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-xproc-minutes.html#action02
   [9] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-xproc-minutes.html#action01
   [10] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-xproc-minutes.html#action02
   [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
   [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl[11] version 1.133 (CVS
    $Date: 2008/08/14 15:51:57 $

Received on Thursday, 14 August 2008 15:53:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:32:46 UTC