Re: Exclude prefixes on p:inline

Hi,

On 24 Apr 2008, at 14:49, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Norman Walsh writes:
>> On 7 Feb, you took an action to propose something for excluding
>> result
>> prefixes from p:inline.
>>
>>  http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/02/07-minutes.html
>>
>> Did you ever make such a proposal?
>
> Not yet, but here comes one:
>
>  * Add a new optional attribute to p:inline, spelled
>    'exclude-result-prefixes';
>
>  * Replace the paragraph after the tableau and the Note in section
>    5.12 [1] with prose along the following lines (borrowing heavily
>    from XSLT2.0 [2])

[snip]

This looks fine to me. The only thing I'd add, for usability, is the
ability to specify this higher up the tree as well as locally on
exclude-result-prefixes. I imagine that most pipelines will have
namespaces that shouldn't be included on *any* inline documents, and
it would be tedious to have to specify the same attribute on every

I'd suggest adding it to <p:pipeline-library>, <p:pipeline> and
could have a descendant <p:inline>.

Cheers,

Jeni
--