Re: p:www-form-urlencode should be able to keep string value matched

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:50:22 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
|  In 7.2.8 p:www-form-urlencode
| Please add the possibility that the string value of the matched node could
| be kept and concatenated to the generated string may be as an option
| If not you should provide at least at static prefix as p:option

Uhm. What value is a random bit of string before or after a set of
url-encoded parameters. It's either going to mangle the name of the
first key or the value of the last.

I suppose we could add an encode-content option:

And say that it provides the name of the key to use for the content.
So if you say <p:www-form-urlencode encode-content="foo">... then
the string value of the matched node is used, "&foo=stringvalue", in
the encoded result.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | I don't make predictions. I never have
http://nwalsh.com/            | and I never will.--Tony Blair