Re: Changing base URIs

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:07:51 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
| Another position is if it isn't in XPath 1.0, you lose.

Yeah, but that means the pipelines can't run in an XPath 1.0
implementation. If we've got significant functionality that can't be
met by such implementations, I think we're lying when we say that 1.0
is supported.

I've been thinking about the extension functions proposal though, and
I don't see how it can work. All of our variables are strings. What
arguments does the function take?

Put another way, how would you use the base-uri function even assuming
you had an XPath 2.0 implementation?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Some people will never learn anything,
http://nwalsh.com/            | for this reason, because they