Re: towards consensus on fixup, part 2

On 9/7/07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> On balance, I think we will end up wanting to include an _advisory_
> list of steps which may provoke the need for each kind of fixup, or,
> alternatively, adding standard boilerplate about fixups to every step
> which needs one or more kinds.

So what is the advisory going to say:

"We know these steps are going to do bad things do your document but
we're not going to tell you how to fix them."

or

"Here be dragons."

or

"Results will vary"

?

That list would have to  include:

   p:add-attribute
   p:insert
   p:replace
   p:rename
   p:wrap
   p:unwrap
   p:set-attributes
   p:xslt
   p:pack

which is a third of our required steps.  To me, that's an admission that
we have a problem that we don't want to solve.