Re: pipeline library

On 9/21/07, Rui Lopes <rlopes@di.fc.ul.pt> wrote:
> Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. A simple example:

> And then, within an execution environment (e.g., shell), one could
> simply run this example without stating (and knowing) which pipeline to
> run, i.e.:
>
> ./xproc myxproclib.xml
>

> Moreover, for coherence purposes, this allows executing libraries the
> same way as pipelines.

One way for implementations to approach this is to do something
similar to what Java does with jar files: allow people to bundle
together a number of pipelines and libraries together with a
descriptor that specifies what pipeline is to be executed. Of course
this would be for now outside of the scope of the XProc specification.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/