Re: Wrapping of nodes into a document

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:58:13 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| In 5.1.1
|
| Please precise which nodes are allowed to be wrapped and how ?
| [[
| it is a dynamic error (err:XD0016) if the select expression on a
| p:input returns anything other than a possibly empty set of nodes.
| ]]

I took an action at the 27 Sep 2007 telcon to clarify this. Our discussion
on the telcon suggested that it was appropriate to select, comment,
processing instruction, or element nodes. But, in fact, *each* selected
node is turned into a document. So it's pointless to select anything other
than element nodes. I propose:

  It is a dynamic error (err:XD0016) if the select expression on a
  p:input returns anything other than a possibly empty set of element
  nodes.

(I added the word element.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Do not try to live forever. You will
http://nwalsh.com/            | not succeed.--George Bernard Shaw