Re: Scope of step types

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:22:21 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
| I think the only negative consequence of this decision is that two
| pipelines in a pipeline library that each import a different
| definition for a step type will cause an error where one is not,
| perhaps absolutely necessary. But we have namespaces to make such
| things unnecessary, right?

Oh, it also makes managing the set of step types visible to a pipeline
a little trickier.

If pipeline "a" imports pipeline "b" and pipeline "b" imports "c";
should "c" be available directly from within "a"?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything should be made as simple as
http://nwalsh.com/            | possible, but no simpler.