Determining whether a pipeline has a (defaulted) output

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:55:34 +0100 (BST)
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

A pipeline with no output declarations has an output if its last step
does.  Its last step may be a call to another pipeline, so we have to
determine whether that has an output.  Now consider:

                    xmlns:e="http://example.org" namespace="http://example.org">
  <e:pipe2/>

      <e:pipe1/>

(Does anyone have an implementation that can handle it?)

We can deduce that both pipe1 and pipe2 have an output, because
otherwise the choose would have inconsistent outputs, but that seems
a rather undesirable way to proceed.

-- Richard