Re: Remarques on W3C Editor's Draft 13 November 2007

Some more
== Typos ==

s/How a sequence of documents is represented in a p:log
implementation-defined/How a sequence of documents is represented in a
p:log is implementation-defined/
== Phrasing ==
Please precise that it is a special case
s/Figure 4, "A compound step" illustrates symbolically a compound step
with one output/Figure 4, "A compound step" illustrates symbolically a
compound step with one output and one subpipeline/
Please do not preempt the future of XML Schema
s/As per [W3C XML Schema: Part 2] or its successor(s),/As per [W3C XML
Schema: Part 2],/
== Steps ==
=== p:error ===
I'm still concerned by the fact that p:error could not generate a
c:error with all its attributes defined in 4.6.1.2 c:error
May be we should whether remove some attributes from c:error or add
some option to p:error of both
=== p:hash ===
what's the meaning of the option "value" ?
More than that, I strongly concerned by the fact that the hash value
of an XML Infoset has never been defined (and by the way it would
depend on serialisation option)
In such a case, I think we should narrow the use to content of
attribute or to string() value

=== p:uuid ===
Same concern as above
and in addition, not clear how it would (when the definition would be
complete) from p:label-elements

==Ghosts==
p:validate-xml-schema is still used in examples and even in Figure 1

On Nov 19, 2007 7:43 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> / Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | == Aknowledgment ==
> | I remember a telcon where Murray was asking for an aknowledgment section
> | Is it planned to do it or not ?
>
> It was fashionable for a while, but seems uncommon these days. I
> thought we decided not to, but I don't feel strongly about it.

A quick research show that almost all specs have an Acknowledgements
section of the type
[[
This document is the work of the W3C XXXX Working Group.

Members of the Working Group are (at the time of writing, and by
alphabetical order):
xxx
ttt
yyy
]]

When you say "uncommon", which spec are you pointing ?

Mohamed