Re: XProc Minutes for Technical Plenary f2f, 8/9 Nov 2007

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:29:46 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On Nov 13, 2007 6:04 AM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> The quoted text, including the example above, is the text _currently
> in the specification_ that I'm proposing we *delete*.

OK, I guess I got confused. This makes sense.

> Having deleted
> it, we'll be left with the consequence that p:pipeline elements must
> declare all of their inputs and all compund steps, including
> p:pipeline, must declare all of their outputs.

I like the idea of making the interface of pipelines explicit by
saying that p:pipeline must declare its inputs and outputs. But I am
not sure about the motivation for doing the same for compound steps.
Would this mean that output declarations would now become mandatory on
p:when?

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/