Re: XPath version

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:32:24 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> was heard to say:
| rules. Users can, without too much difficulty, end up with XPath 1.0
| expressions that will work fine in engines that support XPath 1.0 and
| cause type errors in XPath 2.0, so it's not simply a matter of using
| expressions that follow XPath 1.0 syntax.

Yes, this course of action clearly does reduce interoperability, at
least in the short term. To a certain extent, we're trying to learn to
live with that.

Can you provide some examples where this is the case that you think
are likely to turn up in pipelines?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It'll cost you.
http://nwalsh.com/            |