!result in components

From: Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 09:45:38 +0200
To: "XProc WG" <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

I like the way option are going

We know their names
They have simple types
We can access to them trough $variable binding

So when I look again to p:count, p:store and p:xsl-formatter, I see a
different semantic for port !result

Everywhere, the port !result is related to the input (say it has a
content which is the input more or less deltas)
except p:count, p:store and p:xsl-formatter

I'm proposing two things :

1) state the fact that we use !result in a consistent manner through
the XProc spec
2) change the signature of p:count and p:store
2.a) change the port named !result by another name and keep result if necessary
2.b) OR introduce a new semantic, p:export-option, that simply makes available
  to the subsequent step the value of an option
  <!-- here $count has been exported as the value of count and !result
reexport the input -->

I would also argue that p:tee would be no more needed if !result of
p:store would make available the input

Regards,

Mohamed
--