Re: unescaping markup

On 5/16/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> The RFC for the text/html media type does not say that:
>
>    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2854.txt

But pipeline authors might expect it. They might read this as "make an
HTML document out of this". A "make a well-formed document out of
this" flag would not pose the same problem.

> The HTML standard certainly describes HTML document as starting
> with the 'html' element.
>
> We're not asserting HTML validity but just a certain set of known elements.

If we specify this well, then this allows to do what I am looking for.
I just not sure what the added complexity buys us.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/