Re: What can a step implementation ask the pipeline processor?

This is indeed quite verbose. Plus it won't work if $opt contains a
single quote.

> I dunno. On the one hand, requiring implementors to support access to
> all the in-scope options *and* extension functions seems kind of
> painful.

I see the problem more in terms of polluting the variables namespace
rather than creating additional work for the implementor. But since we
already have some functions provided by the component to access what's
happening in the pipeline from inside the component, would it make
sense to also have a function for options? This would give something
like:

Some by mistake will write:

But if they do, they will get an error right away as $opt is not
declared, so I wouldn't be too preoccupied about that.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/