Wrapping a sequence

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:26:54 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
I have a sequence of documents that I'd like to turn into a single
document by putting an element wrapper around the whole sequence.
p:wrap seems like the obvious answer, but it doesn't accept a
sequence.

I propose that we change the signature of p:wrap to make this
possible:

If a match expression is specified, then it is an error for a sequence
to appear on the source port.

If the match expression is not specified, then the wrapper is placed
around the whole sequence of documents on the source port. (The whole
sequence may, naturally, be a single document.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | On the other hand, you have different
http://nwalsh.com/            | fingers.