Re: Spec Updated - http-request & vocabulary

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:53:47 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Under http-request, I find:

  When the request is formulated, the step and/or protocol
  implementation may add headers as necessary to either complete the
  request or as appropriate for the content specified (e.g. transfer
  encodings). A user of this step is guaranteed that their requested
  headers and content will be sent with the exception of any conflicts
  with protocol-related headers. If the user of the step requests a
  header value (e.g. content-type) that conflicts with a value the step
  and/or protocol implementation must set, the step will fail.

But this is much too vague. I don't understand, either as a user or an
implementor, what headers might be inconflict and when.

Why isn't my content-encoding header a request to the step to *use* that
content encoding?

And I suggest you replace the penultimate word "will" with one of the
RFC2119 words.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Life does not cease to be funny when
http://nwalsh.com/            | people die anymore than it ceases to be