Re: Make p:http-request required?

Alex Milowski wrote:
> In the case of making an HTTP request, the URI and other aspects of
> making the HTTP request often aren't configuration parameters.  Certainly
> in the REST architecture, you need to dynamically formulate the
> actual request from some set of input XML.  As such, there is very little
> that easily maps to a simple option without severe limitations.

I think you're saying that if the values that are used in options
originate from XML documents then the step should be configured using
XML rather than options. I thought that was the point of allowing
XML document.

> The current input and output document representation maps directly
> to the HTTP protocol specification.  You can't map HTTP to a finite
> set of name/value pairs without making decisions that seriously
> limit functionality.

HTTP headers are name/value pairs. There are standard HTTP headers that
could be options. Extension headers can be catered for using parameters.
How would that limit functionality?

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison