Empty compound steps

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 10:37:50 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Currently, we allow empty compound steps. Is that really necessary? I
think it'd be clearer if we required that a compound step contain at
least one step in its subpipeline.

The only use case that I recall is generated content. If that's really
a problem, I think I'd rather have an atomic p:nop component that does
nothing.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | All our foes are mortal.--Paul Valéry
http://nwalsh.com/            |