unescaping markup

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 06:34:56 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Not that I want to sound obsessed or anything, but given that the
motivation for escaping markup in formats like RSS is that it can't
be relied upon to be well-formed, what's the point of unescaping
it in XProc? It'll immediately cause the pipeline to crash.

Should we have a "force-markup-to-be-well-formed" option or something?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Linux. Because rebooting is for
http://nwalsh.com/            | hardware upgrades.