Re: What do an empty document mean ?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 16:53:28 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
|> A.1.2 Delete
|>
|> Produces an empty sequence.
|
| [1] I would say an error, since this component doesn't deliver sequence as
| output, unless we say it does output a sequence

Yes, after I sent the message I thought of a possibly simpler rule:
if a document doesn't accept a sequence, then sending it an empty
sequence is an error.

| A.1.23 XSLT
|>
|> Error.
|
| Agreed (but why  only that one ?)

Because I don't think XSLT 1.0 can start without a document.

| My position is that sequence="no" is EXACTLY one document (1 and only 1)
| sequence="yes" implies 0 or more documents

Just what I thought :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The art of living is more like
http://nwalsh.com/            | wrestling than dancing.--Marcus Aurelius