Re: Options or parameters

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:32:09 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
|   3) No more parameter importing -- it likewise serves no purpose --
|      all in-scope parameters are available to a step.

I think that's too radical.

What if I have a pipeline that invokes two stylesheets. Both understand
the "foo" parameter but I explicitly do not want it set on one of them.

|   4) But preventing parameter name clashes _is_ sometimes needed, so
|      replace p:import-parameters with

I guess I could use this trick to work around it, but it seems really
tedious.

Better, I think, to make parameter passing to steps explicit.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Science is like sex: sometimes
http://nwalsh.com/            | something useful comes out, but that is