More notes about the standard components

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:39:05 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
I suggest that we rename 'join-sequences' to simply 'join'.

I propose 'split'

The inverse of join.

Surely the serialize component must serialize the root element and its
attributes so that given:

<description>
</description>

it produces:

<c:result>&lt;description>
&lt;div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
&lt;p>This is a chunk of XHTML.&lt;/p>
&lt;/div>
&lt;/description></c:result>

I think we should move the micro-operations up before the optional
components and assert that they are all required.