Re: computed ports and viewports

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:35:00 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 3/9/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:

> It seems like this is OK.

Currently we are saying "the viewport-source is an anonymous input:
its binding provides a single document". And in 2.2 we have:

"Each input and output is declared to accept or produce either a
single document or a sequence of documents. It is not a static error
to connect a port that is declared to produce a sequence of documents
to a port that is declared to accept only a single document. It is,
however, a dynamic error if the former step actually produces more
than a single document at run time."

The way I read the specification, the snippet you quote is valid, but
will create a dynamic error if /section/section returns more than one
element.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/