Re: XProc Editors Draft 2007-07-19: Appendix A.2 Comments

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:58:19 +0100
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> was heard to say:
| A.2 Optional Steps: To get to Rec. quicker, I suggest we make this section
| non-normative, or cut it out altogether, and produce a separate document that
| defines sets of optional steps. I think it's usefully separable: we won't want
| to update XProc in order to add new optional steps, for example.

Yes, I'd be happy to move the optional steps to a WG Note, I guess.

On a related note, I think maybe we should move the standard steps
"up" to Section 6 instead of an appendix.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Any bureaucracy reorganized to enhance
http://nwalsh.com/            | efficiency is indistinguishable from