Re: Parameters and pipelines proposal

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:35:49 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> was heard to say:
[...]
| I don't think people should be specifying default values for
| parameters anyway (because if you know the name of a parameter that
| your pipeline will receive, you should be using an option).
|
| So personally I'd vote for mandating parameter inputs be empty and not
| allowing <p:parameter> here.

Sold!

I think you're right; allowing both parameters and options at the top
level is asking for confusion. And I'm entirely happy to make the
parameter inputs empty too, for the same reason.

| One last thing: can we rename <c:parameter-list> to <c:parameter-set>
| or <c:parameter-bindings> or <c:parameter-map> or something?
| <c:parameter-list> makes it sound as though the parameters are
| ordered, which they're not (in the set generated from the
| <c:parameter-set> element).

c:parameter-set works for me.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The follies which a man regrets most
http://nwalsh.com/            | are those which he didn't commit when