Re: Serialization Control

On 7/11/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> I've considered a number of different ways for an author to declare their
> serialization intent within pipelines.  We have this set of options:
>
>    1. version                - The version of XML (i.e. 1.0 or 1.1).
>    [...]

Can we make a reference to the Serialization section of the XSLT
specification, instead of having our own list of attributes?

> As such, I propose we add a "p:serialization" element to allow an author
> to declare a set of serialization options and give them a name.

Sounds good to me.

> We then allow p:log and p:output to have an optional 'serialization'
> attribute whose name [...]

I am unconvinced we need this on p:log, as p:log is intended for
logging, and the pipeline author should not rely on the log file being
formatted in a certain way. I would rather see this be configured
externally.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/