Re: parameters and pipelines (revised)

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:04:56 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
|> Sigh. Yet more concepts, but yes, that does sound like the right
|> answer.
|
| Yes, I can live with that too, as it actually _isn't_ a new concept,
| it's making the idea of 'primary' apply to both kinds of input ports,
| not just one.

Well, not really. It means introducing a new concept: "primary
parameter input port".

Syntactically, it's just allowing primary on the parameter input port,
but it's conceptually different because this is presumably allowed:

Where using "primary" twice would previously have been an error.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything should be made as simple as
http://nwalsh.com/            | possible, but no simpler.