Re: Allowing for naive/simple p:http-request

On 7/5/07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> I expect that I will want to use p:http-request in a minimal way which
> is not yet catered for:

>     <c:http-request href="http://..."/>
>   . . .
>
> [In fact, I'd _really_ like an 'href' option on p:http-request, so I
>  can just write:
> ]

That would mean we'd have to allow an empty sequence as input in
this case and imply the GET method.

This implies a different step signature and I'd rather have an separate
step that works very similar that:

   * only does GET
   * has an 'href' option
   * has no inputs and produces an output.
   * handles the response very similar to p:http-request

If we add an option to "shorten" the response for this, we should add that
option to p:http-request as well.  For example, the "detailed='no'" option
would return only the XML received or the c:body element for non-XML
content.