Re: parameters and pipelines

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:50:11 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| May I disturb this nice proposition with the namespace matter for
| QName parameter names or even values ?

I think the namespace bindings for parameters passed to the initial
pipeline have to be implementation-defined.

As an implementor, two possibilities occur to me immediately:

First, you could have a -ns parameter:

  $ xproc -ns geo="http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#" \
          -p geo:lat=42 -p -geo:long=-72 -p locale=geo:ma ...

Or you could do it with Clark notation:

  $ xproc -p "{http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#}lat=42" \
          -p "{http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#}long=-72" \
          -p locale=geo:ma ...

How you deal with QName *values* in the latter case is a question
you'd have to answer.

I'm likely to have a -ns parameter, myself.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | To enjoy yourself and make others enjoy
http://nwalsh.com/            | themselves, without harming yourself or