Re: XSLT Component

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:50:02 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

Norm,

> I've been using XSLT for years and the fact that no implementation
> I've used allows me to pass anything but strings as parameter values
> From the command line has never been a significant problem for me.

Well experiences differ: I have been using XSLT for years, and the
implementation I am using (Saxon) does allow documents to be passed as
parameters from the command line. But I don't think this is the point.

The question is rather: how do we allow XSLT 2.0 implementation to be
exposed as a component in XProc. And the answer has to include a way
of passing a document as a parameter, as this is required by the XSLT
2.0 specification.

Since XProc parameters work only for strings, we could use XProc
inputs for XSLT parameters that are non-strings. To avoid name clashes
we could say that the port name is prefixed with "param-". So you
would have:

Any other/better suggestion?

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/