Re: Dealing with non-XML documents

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:21:17 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

> | ...keep in mind that HTML isn't an edge case as there is a lot of it
> | hanging around that needs to be processed.
>
> By XProc, by all implementations, in V1?

I'm happy to push this off to future versions as long as we are clear about
how our components must not be extended to do so.  That sets a clear
precedent that our stuff only does what we say and is inter-operable.  If
you need some customization, you have to give it a new non-inter-operable
name.

If a group of implementors choose to decide on the same extension
components, then authors have some choice.  That takes the pressure
off us doing every feature and we can roll back into the core those
things that make sense.  This is much like EXSLT and XSLT 2.0.