Re: Namespace for our Components

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:22:01 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 1/31/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> I believe that our components should be in the same namespace as the
> pipeline
> document.  That would mean that the author would be required to declare a
> prefix for the pipeline document's namespace and then use that in the
> component step type.

I agree. I would even go further and make that namespace reserved to
avoid possible conflicts in the future: Implementations or users alike
may not expose to a pipeline components other than those defined in
XProc in the XProc namespace.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web Forms for the Enterprise, Done the Right Way
http://www.orbeon.com/