Re: QName as a defined term

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:13:58 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| Oops, I forgot, another thing which needs to be added, namely that
| unprefixed values are always interpreted as being in no namespace. . .

<para><termdef xml:id="dt-QName">In the context of XProc, a
<firstterm>QName</firstterm> is almost always a QName in the
<glossterm>Namespaces in XML</glossterm> sense.
Note, however, that <tag>p:option</tag> and
<tag>p:parameter</tag> values can get their namespace declarations in
a non-standard way (with <tag>p:namespaces</tag>) and QNames that have
no prefix are always in no-namespace, irrespective of the default
namespace.</termdef>
</para>

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The first principle is that you must
http://nwalsh.com/            | not fool yourself--and you are the