http-request

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:50:55 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| 7.1.9 HTTP Request
[...]
|    The HTTP Request step provides interactions with resources identified by
|    URIs over HTTP or HTTPS. The input document provided on the source port

I suggest we delete "over HTTP or HTTPS". Yes, the step is called
http-request, but I don't see any reason to forbid an implementation
From supporting URIs of some other scheme.

|    specifies the request by a single c:http-request element. This element
|    specifies the method, resource, and other request properties as well as
|    possibly including an entity body (content) for the request.
|
|    When the request is formulated, the step and/or protocol implementation
|    may add headers as necessary to either complete the request or as
|    appropriate for the content specified (e.g. transfer encodings). A user of
|    this step is guaranteed that their requested headers and content will be
|    sent with the exception of any conflicts with protocol-related headers. If
|    the user of the step requests a header value (e.g. content-type) that
|    conflicts with a value the step and/or protocol implementation must set,
|    the step will fail.

Do we want to fail, or just use the "right" values?

|    If the username attribute is specified, the username, password,

I think this prose needs to be moved down into 7.1.9.2, it's very
confusing here.

I'll try to continue this review later.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It is not impossibilities which fill us
http://nwalsh.com/            | with the deepest despair, but