Re: Typing of options and parameters

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:39:57 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

> All in all, I think we should just give it a miss.

+1

I was on the fence this morning. Addressing typing for just options
and parameters, and not inputs and outputs, lakes coherence; this
especially if we are using XML Schema. Also, XML Schema doesn't help
us to constrain an option to be a XPath expression or match pattern,
which was one of the reasons for considering typing. So I would rather
see this addressed in a more comprehensive way in a future version of
XProc. For now documentation, and constraints enforced by components
(instead of the pipeline engine) will do.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/