Re: Remarks on W3C Editor's Draft 6 August 2007

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> | On 8/10/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> |> / Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> |> |

> |> I don't think I understand. We describe the XPath contexts for all
> |> steps earlier in the document. Why say something about this one in
> |> particular?
> |
> | Hug ! You did it for p:delete for example
> | [[
> | The XPath context for the match option is: the context document is the
> | document that appears on the source port and the context position and
> | context size are both "1".
> | ]]
>
> Ah, yes, I see. Thanks.

We shouldn't be specifying XPath contexts for any of the match patterns,
at least not the context node, position or size, since these aren't
relevant: match patterns are patterns, not expressions.

For match patterns we should specify the context *document*, variable
bindings and namespace bindings, but that's it.

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com