Re: The p:pack step

> Mohamed asked to have p:pack on the agenda, but we didn't get to it.
> I'd like to close as many issues as possible in email.
>
> Please indicate if you are in favor of adding this step or not.

a) I haven't encountered the need for such a component in the
pipelines I have written so far.

b) There are number of basic operations on sequenced which we could
implement with a component. See [1] for what Haskell has to offer. Our
"pack" is similar to Haskell's "zip" (except zip drops items from the
longest list). But there are a number of other components we could
provide as well, and adding just pack at this point seems somewhat
arbitrary to me.

So I don't have a strong objection to adding "pack", but would rather
leave it out for now, and add this to our virtual list of things to
keep in mind for V.2.

[1] http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/Data-List.html

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/