Re: a column major packing component

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:57:01 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| On 8/8/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
[...]
|> I grant that it might be faster for a single atomic step to do this,
|> but I'm not sure it needs to be a standard step.
|>

| Not exactly
|
| You miss the case where the srcseq is shorter thant the altseq

Well, you can do a p:choose to make sure that the p:for-each iterates
over the longer sequence.

| So I think it is just overcomplicated the way you want to do it (and
| terribly inefficient)

Yeah, but I think it's going to be exceptionally uncommon to want to
do it at all. :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Note: you are currently using an
http://nwalsh.com/            | unregistered evaluation copy of your