Defaulting pipeline inputs

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:37:15 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
I have to say, defaulting the pipeline inputs so that this "works":

is turning out to be a real messy business in my implementation.

Right now, I load the pipeline, setup the pipeline inputs and outputs,
do a bunch of analysis to setup the connections, etc., then I run the
pipeline.

Except setting up the pipeline inputs and outputs fails because the
pipeline doesn't appear to have any inputs.

So I could try to load the pipeline, do a bunch of analysis to setup
the connections, etc., setup the pipeline inputs and outputs, then I
run the pipeline.

Except that's going to fail too because *if the pipeline does have
inputs or outputs*, there aren't going to be any bindings for them.

I'm not saying the problem is insurmountable, I'm not even arguing for
a change to the status quo. I'm just saying, @$@%#$!. :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Throughout history the world has been
http://nwalsh.com/            | laid waste to ensure the triumph of