Re: a component with * inputs

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:58:12 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| On 8/1/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
|> / "Innovimax SARL" <innovimax@gmail.com> was heard to say:
|> | and the result is
|> |

|> Ah, ok.

|> |
|> | being able to give it to a for-each to simulate a p:equal-sequence
|>
|> And why not just iterate over the first sequence, using the
|> p:iteration-count to exract the right element out of the other
|> sequence?
|
| It is not efficient at all !!

I never said it was.

|> Is this really a common use case?
|
| Well, equal-sequence is the most obvious one

Do you know of any actual use cases where you need to compare two
sequences of documents?

For comparing two sequences of documents, you could simply wrap each
sequence in a "wrapper" and compare the two "wrapper" documents.

| The other one is when you have two flows of left pages and right pages
| and what to merge them

Do you know of any XML process that produces independent sequences of
left and right pages?

| More generally when you need to manipulate multiple flows you will use
| something like this

Indeed. I just don't know of any processes that produce such flows.
I'm not saying that it couldn't be done, I just wonder if it's common
enough to justify a standard specialty component.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | We are afraid of the old age which we
http://nwalsh.com/            | may never attain.--La Bruyère