Re: p:label

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:01:19 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

> / Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
> | On 4/22/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> |>
> |> It strikes me that p:label ought to provide a little more control over,
> |> or at least a little more explanation of, what form the generated
> |> xml:id values are going to have...
> |
> | There is a 'prefix' option.   We should probably have a suffix option
> too.
> |
> | What else do you have in mind?  An algorithm?
> |
> | I could certainly see:
> |
> |   * numerical (e.g. the element position in the document)
> |   * UUID
>
> Nevermind. In retrospect, I'm not sure what I wanted.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, I could see having
at least the "UUID" option.  That's guaranteed to work (type 4, that is).

You'd have to have a prefix for UUID values as their string representation
can start with a number:

xml:id='id-76471AC6-AA56-464C-8285-ED39ADF810CC'

That's guaranteed to make your document have more markup!