Re: standard components edits

On 4/13/07, Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok I see two edge cases :
> > 1) we have to use XML Schema datatypes in XProc
>
> How is this an "edge case"?

You mandate to the user to use (and understand) XML Schema Datatype

> > 2) how do you inform the component that your input is an
> > *embedded-in-xml* one ? so how ,in case there could be embedded-in-xml
> > and natural-xml, do you make the difference (XQuery vs XQueryX,
> > RDF/XML vs Turtle, Relax NG Compact vs Relax NG, JSON vs XML, DTD vs
> > XML Schema, ...) ?
>
> For instance using a parameter,

that's a form of typing

> or having multiple components,

so you would ask for XSLT-xml and XSLT-html-or-text ?

> or
> having the component do the right thing based on the content of its
> input, whatever is the most appropriate.

The burden is very high for the implementor in that case.

> I don't see this as being
> much different from the cases where a component could take different
> XML applications as input.

Different applications as input is different than different form of
the same application because in that case one substitute to the other