Re: standard components edits

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:54:07 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
On 4/13/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I propose that we add an optional "p:load-relax-ng" step that takes no
> > inputs, a required "uri" option, and outputs a RELAX NG grammar. It
> > should be spec'd to say that it can load either the compact syntax or
> > the full syntax.
> >
> > Otherwise, I think we wind up needing co-constraints on the
> > validate-relax-ng step that I'd as soon avoid.
>
> Ok but if we want to stay consistent we should have the same for XQuery

I don't think we can do the exactly same for XQuery.  There isn't a standard
transliteration of
a XQuery into XML.

We could read in the non-XML syntax XQuery and wrap it with the 'query'
wrapper
but I'm not certain we want to do that.

Personally, I'd prefer that we not do either.  You can't read other non-XML
sources unless
you have a special component.  Now we're added one for Relax, next XQuery,
and then ... ?