Re: the nested view and the flat / subgraph view (re-send, with standoff images)

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:56:30 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@acm.org> was heard to say:
| [The first attempt to send this mail to the list failed because
| the size exceeded the limit imposed by the list configuration.
| So I've removed the embedded images and replaced them with URLs
| to the images.

I haven't looked very closely at the diagrams yet, nor have I had a
chance to consider the two models in detail, but I do have one quick
observation: there is no need for a "join" step in C1, regardless of
which model is used: there is nothing to join.

We require that the two processes declare the same input and output
names. The semantics of choose are that it selects one branch and the
component behaves exactly as if only that branch ever existed.