Re: Viewport and nested selected nodes

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:23:01 +0100 (BST)
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

> But you *select* the nodes to which to apply templates using an XPath
> expression. The match pattern on a template just helps you decide which
> template to use to process them. We don't have a template-matching model
> for processing different kinds of nodes in XProc, so I don't think that
> the XSLT model applies.

But it's quite natural to think of a viewport as transferring
unchanged the nodes of a document until one "matches", and then doing
something different with that one.  I expect to implement it that way.

Alternatively, it's very like an XSLT identity transform with a single
extra template that causes some nodes to get processed differently.
So I think the match-pattern analogy is reasonable.

-- Richard