Re: Parameters, Manifests, and Use Case 5.6

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
> | This use case is easily solved by use of xinclude:
>
> I don't think this qualifies as "easily" in the sense that ordinary
> mortals understand that word. More specifically, I don't think
> you've got a complete solution yet.

> |                      step="load-documents" source="result" />

> |                       source="manifest"
> |                       select="/files/file" />
> |                        step="load-document" source="result" />
> |
> |      <!-- make an xinclude from the href -->
> |            <xsl:transform version="1.0">
> |               <xsl:template match="file">
> |                  <x:include href="{@href}"/>
>
> How have you controled when x:include (assuming you meant x: to be
> assigned to the XInclude namespace) will be expanded? I'd expect the
> Pipeline processor to expand it, causing a resource failure because
> "{@href}" isn't a valid URI.
>
> Assuming you load your pipeline with XInclude turned off, the same
> problem arises for your XSLT processor.

Agreed, and it's more than a theoretical scenario: in the OPS platform,
when XPL pipelines are used for producing "web pages", they first go
through XInclude processing prior to their execution (in other cases
this doesn't happen). When they use XInclude to actually perform
inclusions within pipelines things works just fine. When they do it to
try to implement what AM says above and it doesn't work, they are
obviously confused ;-)

This said, didn't we have the task to work in XInclude processing as well?

-Erik

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere:
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/