Re: Parameters, Manifests, and Use Case 5.6

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:01:49 +0100 (BST)
To: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>, public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

I'm still having trouble seeing the problem you (Alex) made on the
call.  It's true that you can't start a process until its parameters
are available, but that's not a problem unique to parameters.  You
can't start a process in a choose until you've determined whether that
branch will be taken.  You can't start a process in the loop of a
for-each or viewport until you know whether there will be a document
for it.

The 90% case will be steps with no computed parameters.  So long as
these cases can be readily determined at compile time, I don't see why
the possibility of computed parameters should make much difference.

-- Richard