Re: Random things I noticed...

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:57:43 +0000 (GMT)
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>, public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

> | I'll add to this that I don't like the "href" attribute used on
> | several elements.  It gives no clue as to the role of the uri it

> It's used pretty universally though. Consider its use in XSLT 2 where
> it's on include, import, and result-document.

That's true, and I think it's wrong to do so.  It seems to me that
href should be used when there is a sense of traversal between the
document containing the element and the resource pointed to be the
URI: it's a Hypertext REFerence, a link to be followed, not just a URL
identifying some data.  Even HTML uses other attributes such as "src".

-- Richard